Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book Reading 14 – The Design of Everyday Things

Chapter 5 – To Err is Human
Summary

This chapter was all about human error.  It discussed the different kinds of errors and the reasoning behind them.  It also gave useful examples of each.

Discussion
I find that many mistakes happen because you change the normal order of operations.  Think of an action or series of actions that you do, and then remember a time when you made a mistake you couldn’t understand.  Most likely, you did something out of order or inserted a different task in between the normal order of operations.  One time, I poured orange juice into my bowl of cereal.  I don’t remember why anymore, but I know I had messed up the normal way I was used to in preparing my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment